Monday, March 16, 2020

Spring Flowers...kinda sorta




This is the first morning that it is actually warm enough and sunny enough to sit outside on the step and enjoy my morning coffee! Here is a peek at my few but faithful flowers...
I LOVE flowers! What is it about them that just makes you happy every time you see one? My flowers get stared at a lot...I stand over them and watch...like they are going to wave at me or something...or burst out a pretty little colored bloom while I'm standing there...but day after day, little by little...they do what they were made to do, and then one day...poof! There's a beautiful flower!

My little Emi decided she didn't want to wait for the real flowers to bloom, so she scattered a few of her own out in the yard :-)
As I looked at my soon-to-be Lilies this morning, I had 2 thoughts. #1 was what a wonderful, creative God we have...the One who made all of these lovely blossoms and blooms...all those different colors and fragrances and sizes and shapes...just a tiny glimpse into Who He is and how much He cares about details and beauty and purpose.
Thought #2 as I gazed at my soon-to-be Lilies was about Faith. How easy it is for me to anticipate the blooming of my lilies. I know they are going to bloom one day soon...and I watch and wait with hope, not worry...but with joyful anticipation of their beauty when they arrive. I don't worry about "what if" or oh no with my lilies. I know they will bloom, because they always do...and I don't really DO a whole lot to make them bloom....I just let them do their thing and they come back year after year. Isn't God the same way? Why then do I sometimes lack faith that He will answer my prayers and that He will be with me? I need to let my faith in my flowers transfer over to that kind of faith in my God! The kind of doubtless faith that says "I know You are there....and I will patiently wait for you to do things in Your time and Your way...without interference from me...I will patiently watch and wait to see the salvation of the Lord!
Have a wonderful day!
post signature

2 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE to reconnect with ya!! I absolutely love flowers! What a gift from our Lord! :)

JeanMac said...

It's so great to have you blogging again!