Well, this month of October packed itself full of all sorts of interesting events! Most of which I can't remember at the moment :-) Let's see if I can recall a few...
We had a nice dinner at Jon & April Sweet's house...that would probably be the Highlight Event of the Month!
My sweet friend Cherlyn is loaning me her harp to play for a some holiday events, and that has been a blessing!
We celebrated 18 years of marriage on the 18th of this month....and we are both wondering "Hey, where's OUR peace prize?"
I had bladder surgery, which had some complications and sent me back to the hospital for treatment of infection and kidney hydronephrosis, and home again with all the "stuff" to self-cath for a few weeks until my bladder and kidneys heal.
Shrugs has that dreaded flu...so we are all now hanging around the house in surgical masks.
Mom and Dad drove out from NY to spend a week with us while Mom attended the Christian Womanhood Ladies Spectacular in Hammond, IN. It was so nice to have them here! My dad fixed everything in my house, fixed my car, and cooked meals for us to have during the week of my surgery. I took my mom around to all the best re-sale shops -- which was fun because my mom only shops in Macy's and Saks, Lord & Taylor, and such...and she actually found a few things for herself! She was so excited :-)
We added a new pet to our family. His name is Rex the Rabbit and he is beautiful! He is one of those breeds that has the dense soft fur that feels like velvet -- he is so soft! I will try to post some pics on here later. He came from the Dollinger Pumpkin Farm, and he is used to being around kids, so he is very friendly.
Homeschool is going great this year, except for the fact that now we are a week behind because of all the sickness this week. But hopefully we can get caught up in the next few weeks.
The leaves have been just gorgeous around here this Fall! This year I planted a bunch of mums instead of just putting them around in baskets, and they seem to be lasting much longer since they are in the ground. Well, what do you know....
We are battery-less at the moment, hence, no pics...but I have so many nice things to show you, so we'll just have to go get some batteries :-)
1 comment:
Sounds like things are humming along. Sending love, my Friend.
Post a Comment