I stand and gaze at my snow-covered garden. All of the pretty colors are gone, the blossoms and blooms have been dug up and properly disposed. At this current moment, it's pretty much just a rectangle of brown and gray, frosted with a light dusting of snow. It's quiet. No, it is more than quiet. It is silent. Sigh. It even looks ... dare I say... it looks ... a bit ... dead.
But things are not always as they appear.
I wish I could take a peek at the tulip and daffodil bulbs I planted deep in that dirt weeks ago. I know that they are safe and sound far beneath the surrounding soil. I also believe that they are not idle. Beneath the soil there lies a miracle in progress! Seeds are sprouting, bulbs are pushing through their dry shells and beginning their slow climb to the surface.
Time will pass. Spring will come! This blank, brown rectangle IS still a garden. I just cannot see what is going on beneath the soil. There is more to this ugly brown rectangle than meets the eye.
God knows what's going on beneath the surface. He sees what we cannot see. Trust Him. He is never idle. He is always working behind the scenes...beneath the soil. Soon, brightly colored flowers will spring forth...when the time is right.
Things are not always as they appear. God's ways are not our ways. Trust Him. Spring is coming!


No comments:
Post a Comment