"...For in acceptance lieth peace..."
~Amy Carmichael
There is such a peace in acceptance of the current state of things. As Paul said, "For I have learned whatsoever state I am in, therewith to be content."
It would be easy to be discontent with circumstances...the daily grind...the purposeful effort to find the good and the pleasant in every day...
But what a wonderful gift we find in God's peace...the peace that passeth understanding...the acceptance that He is in control and He is completely aware of all that is going on...and that He truly cares and that He has a plan!
Sometimes I find myself pondering how to make things better, how to get "out from under all of this", how to fix everything....and then I sigh and peacefully accept "not my will, but Thine be done". And once again, I am thankful that God never tires of my daily reliance on Him. It's good to be God-dependent. That's not weakness. That's trust. And trust in the all-powerful, all-knowing God is a VERY comforting thing!
1 comment:
Sending love.
Post a Comment