Welcome February....the month of LOVE....so in honor of that subject...a post to make us all ponder...how deep is your love? :-)
Is it nose deep?????
Previously, I thought my love was pretty deep. Until yesterday...
I never knew that I had a problem with sharing...but apparently, I do. I can't really remember the last time I said "No, I'm not going to share that with you" except for that Butterfinger that someone gave me last week -- but I did eventually share with Emi. But usually, what's mine is yours, ours, and everyone's. Or so I thought.
Yesterday morning my husband said to me "Don't you have some sort of nose hair clipper?"
I didn't answer. I've never been asked such a personal question before! A wide range of questions blurred my thinking...why was he asking me this? Was he hinting that I needed to use such an item? Was he inquiring because HE wanted to use such an item?
Me: "What?"
Him: "The kids told me you had a nose hair clipper and I have these hairs waaaaaaaay up in my nose that are bothering me. Do you have one that I can use?"
Me: (Thinking quickly...Lie? Don't lie? Lie? Don't lie?) "A nose hair clipper?" (It's always good to ask for clarification when you are trying to buy yourself some time when deciding whether or not to lie about the proud ownership of a nose hair clipper.)
Him: "yeah, you know....one of those little things you can cut the hairs in your nose with..."
Me: "Ewwwwwwww! That's gross!!!!"
Him: "The kids said you have one. Can I use it?"
Me: "No"
Him: :"No, you don't have one, or No, I can't use it?"
Me: "What? You are confusing me."
Him: (raising voice) "I have these VERY annoying hairs way up in my nose that are bothering me, I need to cut them out."
Me: "Oh, here's these haircutting scissors that we don't use anymore. They are still sharp. You can use them."
I felt kind of bad at this point...because well, yes, I do have a nose hair clipper. And it works wonderfully. But how could I possibly SHARE that with someone???? Once, in an emergency, I shared my toothbrush with my daughter. That's gross, I know. But the thought of my nose hair clipper venturing up someone else's nose is just too much to bear!!!!
Him: "The kids said you have one."
Me: "I don't know... (vaguely) I made lunch in the crockpot...we'll be home from church around 1:00....Maybe we need to buy a nose hair clipper... "
Him: "There's no reason to buy one if you already have one."
Me: "Bye! (Kiss, kiss) See you later!"
I went out to start the car, then ran back in the house.
"I forgot something!"
There is no way under heaven that my heirloom nose hair clipper is going inside anyone else's nose.
I ran upstairs to my bathroom drawer and grabbed my nose hair clipper and threw it in my purse. I know my husband....he will wait until we are out of the driveway, then he will go through my drawers until he finds that supposed prized nose hair clipper and he will do the dirty deed and put them back where they were, thinking that I will never know. Trust me. I will know. We're talking boogers here...I will know.
Later on that day, I reached in my purse and accidentally pulled out the dreaded item of this discussion. Then I felt bad for not sharing. So after church we went to Walmart and I bought a new nose hair clipper for my husband. Happy Early Valentine's Day Honey!
There are some things you just can't share....no matter how much you love someone!
Happy February!
2 comments:
Funny!
You are toooo cute!
Still smiling,
Lea
Post a Comment