Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome To Our New Home!

Well, here we are in our new location, but with the old page, which feels familiar and cozy-comfortable! My computer is doing some straaaaaaaange things lately....so if the posts and pics look bizarre here and there, please know it's not intentional and please be patient as I tweak the new site. I am also working on a new site just for harp stuff....so check back for updates there soon.

Quite a busy weekend around here! Shrugs (my 14 yr. old son) broke his arm at a youth group skating activity on Friday night, so we spent half the night in the ER and they couldn't even set his arm because it's such a bad break that he has to see an orthopedic surgeon today or tomorrow to assess the situation. Shrugs is hoping and praying for a waterproof cast because we are going to Florida in 2 weeks...and all we do in Florida is swim....well, except for the one day that we visit the flea market. We can't go to Florida and come back home without fleas :-) JK But seriously, you can get the best deals on stuff there....there is a booth that has TONS of Christian music and videos and we always stock up there, and then of course there is the purse lady, and the guy with the Big & Tall sunglasses for my brother....and then it's back to the pool.

We also had an adventure with frozen pipes over the weekend. Spent a few hours blowdrying the pipes in the basement and finally got enough water flowing for showers.

But besides that....the snow is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Sparkly white across the fields....Gorgeous!

I am having a massively huge estate sale the first weekend in March, Fri & Sat. If you are in the Chicago area, come on by and buy lots of stuff :-). I will post a link with directions as the date gets closer.


Well, that's about it for now. Over the next few days, I will move some posts from the other blog over to this one. Plus, I have some new and exciting blessings to share with you. God has been so good to us and there are some exciting changes on the horizon!


lpost signature

3 comments:

JeanMac said...

I feel right at home here! Love to you and yours.

~*Marie*~ said...

Congrats on your new home, I will change things over right now. That's the spirit....keep things positive and positive things will come to you!!! Great new name!

Dana said...

Beautiful site!

Sorry about the frozen pipes. Those are no fun.

Wish I could come to your estate sale!!