Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blessings

A bunch of good stuff going on around here over the last few days...

Shrugs' broken arm is going to be 100% covered by our insurance...the ER visit, his visit to the ortho surgeon today, his cast, follow-up and physical therapy if necessary. Is that a blessing or WHAT?????

Sunshiney days to take the chill off these frigid temps!

My joy-filled kids who are so silly and make me laugh...wait 'til you see pics tomorrow of their silliness...

My kind neighbor who plows my long driveway for free...and who checks every day to see if it's drifted back to snow-covered.

Encouraging verses in Psalms to remind me that God is with me!

The opportunity to experience American history live with my children as we watch the inauguration of our 44th President today.

My reliable Honda CRV that is taking this winter in stride.

Two weeks from tomorrow we go to Florida!!!!!!! :-)

A productive day yesterday where I got SO much done in my house!

Hearing from Colleen and Lori...friends from the past who brought good news and a smile!

And last, but not least....My 2009 Mary Engelbreit calendar. Every year, my mom buys me the new M.E. calendar. I save them each year and have every year since....the beginning of time. This year she sent me the new one, but somehow, somewhere....it disappeared. I think I accidentally threw it away in the Christmas clean up. I tried to use my Barnes & Noble gift card to buy a new one, but everyone was out of stock everywhere. Bummer. So I went online and found it kinda sorta at B & N online, and was able to use my gift card and since the calendar was on sale, even with shipping, I ended up paying only $.06 for my NEW M.E. 2009 Calendar. Shhhhh.....don't tell my mom! She would be upset that it's not the ACTUAL calendar that she bought for me. Somehow I have a hunch that we may come across the original one as we organize the estate sale...and that's ok, you can never have too many Mary Engelbreit calendars!

And that's a whole bunch of blessings in a short amount of time!

post signature

No comments: