Last night while Shrugs was at the Cub's game, Emily and I decided to take a drive downtown and see where we ended up. It was a beautiful night for a drive, so we opened up the sunroof and took a cruise up Lake Shore Drive. It was gorgeous!
We stopped for a visit to the new location of the American Girl Store in Water Tower Place. Maybe because it was a Monday night, or who knows why...but the downtown was deserted! No traffic, no crowds...almost serene. We browsed around the AG Place, then walked over to the John Hancock building, which was glowing against a moonlit sky. We decided to have a bite to eat at The Cheesecake Factory...we just had an appetizer and of course, CHEESECAKE! This time we tried the Chocolate Rasberry Truffle and I have to say...I think it is my favorite :-)
From there we walked across the street to the Hershey's Store (as if we hadn't had enough chocolate ALREADY...) and Em had a sugar cookie and I got a good ol' cup of coffee.
Then we saw the horse and carriages... I have always wanted to take a carriage ride downtown, and I knew Em would love it...so we did!
I love spending time with my sweet daughter!
1 comment:
Trish, what a wonderful outing for the two of you - and such beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment