Saturday, January 26, 2019

Seek and Read

I have recently started a new Monday morning routine. It's called "Let The Kids Sleep In Until I'm Done Pushing The Reset Button".
My husband is now in the Nursing Program at his college...which basically means we won't see him for the next two years, when he will be 50 and graduate with his RN. Well, we will see him here and there, but it will be with a stethoscope around his neck and his nose buried in a book called something that I can't pronounce with gory real-life pics. He leaves very early in the mornings now for school, so I am up early with him getting breakfast and ironing his scrubs. Normally, after he leaves, I wake up the kids and we start our school day. But I've stumbled upon a little secret...
Sundays are VERY busy days around here....and Mondays leaves all of us in slow-mo...and I am realizing that I need a little bit of time to push the reset button on Monday mornings in order to have a GREAT week.
So for the past two weeks, I've let the kiddos sleep in on Monday mornings....and I get 2 hours of completely uninterrupted time to do.....WHATEVER!!!!! I can sit and read my Bible, or just sit and drink my coffee while watching the Resident Squirrel Patrol make their morning rounds in the yard...or plan the week ahead....or read some new recipes....it's wonderful!
Today I used the time to look for a verse that I read last week and forgot where I saw it...duh. But it was a really good one, so it was worth finding again...but aren't they all? yes, of course.
Oh, so much to tell you! God is so good...yes, at the moment, life seems to be not-so-good, but I know that's simply how it appears to me at the moment. Underneath all that seemingly not-so-good stuff, is a wonderful plan that God has in store for our family. Sometimes I wish He would just let me in on a few of the details...but so far, He hasn't. Oh silly me, yes He has! He just told me this morning not to worry, that everything is going to be just fine. And I said "But...but....but what about this? and what about that?????" And He said to just keep on reading, and keep on trusting....and just do the next thing...and that good things are ahead. Oh yeah, and then He said He would hold my hand through it all and help me (Isaiah 41:13). I thought that was very nice of Him and I've decided to take Him up on it, seeing as it's a promise and all. Oh my, I'm so thankful for my Bible and for comfort that God's Word brings!
"Seek ye out of the book of the Lord and read..." (Isaiah 34:16)

post signature

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Hang in there, my Friend.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

God is holding you in the palm of His hand through it all. We've faced some pretty daunting challenges and could not see a possible positive outcome ... and then of all the troubles came a blessings ... the desire of our hearts in fact! We serve an amazing God!

Hugs,
Lea