Sunday, June 2, 2019

Random Ramblings

Can you believe it's June already??? Time is flying...
We have been busy with lots of doctor appointments, physical therapy, school work, college finals and organizing the house.
Some pretty big decisions have to be made, and lots of prayers for wisdom are being sent up to God, as we await clarity on decisions for surgery, house-selling, schooling in the Fall, and jobs.
I have gotten back into selling on Ebay, after taking a break and recovering from Ebay burn-out last year. But they FINALLY gave me my Powerseller status, which is a big deal to me...so I have jumped back into the game full force...this time selling primarily vintage jewelry and other cool estate sale finds. I know there is some way to put a link on here so you can see some of these little treasures, but I have yet to figure that out :-) My Ebay ID is Legacy Consignments, if you are Ebay-savvy I am sure you can figure out how to find me on there. The fun thing about it is that my kids are working with me now...so as a team we go to local estate sales, antique stores, auctions and pick up stuff to re-sell. We have a BLAST doing this together! Now that they are older, my kids love to join in and take pics, setting up little display areas to photograph, then they get the pics resized and put in the computer and I write the descriptions, and we all monitor the listings, and all help to pack and ship -- so much fun to work with my kids!!!!
I will find out this Thursday the results from my spinal tap, myelogram and EMG tests. Currently leaning toward NOT having the surgery...meeting lots of people who have had it and it seems there is a 50/50 success rate. I'm not much of a gambler...so those odds seem a bit steep to me. Yesterday I joined our local gym and signed up my kids too, so for the month of June we are going to work out faithfully and see if we can shed some pounds and regain some strength. Yesterday was Day 1 and we were there for 2 hours! There is not too much there that I can do, considering the condition of my spine, but I did a few back strengthening exercising and felt really good!
Well, that's about it for the family update. Hope all is well with you and yours!
Happy Summer!
post signature

2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Sending love!

Karla Dornacher said...

Hi Trish... thanks for visiting my blog a couple of weeks ago... I always appreciate your comments!

I tried to find your Ebay store but couldn't... not sure why. I'll try again when I return from our trip to Illinois. I love vintage jewelry!

Hugs to you...
Karla