Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Long Time, No Blog...

So....how y'all been???? It's been quite a while since I posted much on here....but you know how it is sometimes...the old rule of "if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all"....or maybe it was just a case of good ol', old-fashioned writers' block...not sure exactly...but I have missed my bloggy friends, so I'm going to get back into the swing of things here.

Part of the reason for the bloggy absence is this -- Physical Therapy!!! It has taken over our life like an obnoxious alien...5 days a week for about 3 hours a day, we drive the hour's drive to PT (you do the math...we're talking 5 hours out of every day for this boring event). Hopefully this will be my last week of the 5 day deal...praying that we can get it down to 3 days a week. We are behind on school, laundry, everything....and of course, I happened to pick this time to put our house on the market...yeah, I know, that was just plain old dumb.

But in the midst of this and more...God has been so good! Really, truly, He has! I have just a minute to share a verse with you that He gave me last week on a particularly dark day... Micah 7:8 .....when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me."

Isn't God so wonderful in the way that He gives us HIMSELF when the darkness seems to be all around. He doesn't send an angel, or any other helpful device or suggestion or method...He sends Himself....what more could we possibly want? Truly, the Lord is my light and my salvation. Any other idea or rescue attempt is just a weak substitute for what we truly need...God is all we need. He is more than enough to meet any need, to comfort in any situation, to be a Friend, a Father, a Saviour...He is all I need!

Have a wonderful day!


post signature

No comments: